Rapid Mentor Match
Early Stage MT's Rapid Mentor Match Program forms connections between entrepreneurs and experienced tech industry professionals through a series of short, virtual conversations aimed at finding mutual matches for long-term professional mentorship. We like to call it speed-dating for tech innovators, without the awkward silences. The resulting mentorship opportunities will be a catalyst for growth and forward movement in the tech industry in Montana. Scroll down for additional event details.
Apply today and choose between the following dates. Space is strictly limited to 10 qualified companies per event so act fast!
December 10th, 4-6PM (virtual)
- Founder or executive-level leader of a Montana-based tech-leveraged company
- Looking to grow the business and create jobs in Montana
- Committed to putting in the time, energy, and work required for mentorship to succeed
- Open to learning from and listening to experienced professionals
- Expert-level skills/experience in starting, scaling, and/or leading companies, preferably in the high-tech sector
- Recognized leaders in business, tech sector
- Have qualifications and experience that will directly benefit a new or emerging tech-leveraged Montana company
- Have the interpersonal skills needed to be an effective mentor
- Committed to helping to grow Montana's tech sector.
The Rapid Mentor Match Program offers entrepreneurs and mentors the opportunity to meet each other in a series of "virtual meet-ups" – 10-minute conversations during which an entrepreneur and mentor "meet up" to determine whether they are a potential match for longer-term mentoring. Entrepreneurs select up to 5 potential mentors from among a talented pool of tech professionals, then meet with them in consecutive sessions during the event.
Afterward, both the entrepreneurs and mentors will rank their interest in working with one another. ESMT will review all rankings/preferences, confirm if there is a "mentor match", and then formally connect the entrepreneur and mentor. Once matched, the pair will self-direct the scope and scale of the relationship within the parameters set by ESMT which include:
- Minimum 1x/month mentoring session;
- Jointly defined goals and outcomes;
- Completion of pre- and post-participation surveys; and
- Commitment to ESMT expectations for professionalism and confidentiality.
To improve the chances for a positive match, both entrepreneurs and mentors will complete a basic pre-participation questionnaire which will help identify core areas of interest/expertise and what each individual is seeking by participating in the program. Participants will also provide ESMT with up to 5 preferred matches.