Showcases will be held for the East, Central and West regions of Montana defined as follows (click the link for each region for details on that showcase):
East: Billings/ Great Falls to Shelby and all of Eastern Montana
Central: Bozeman/Livingston/west to Butte/north to Helena
West: Missoula/Hamilton up 93 Corridor to Kalispell/Whitefish
Criteria for entering the Early Stage Montana Showcase:
– LLC or C-Corp registered
– Tech-leveraged business model – one which uses technology in the core of the value delivered to the customer, versus delivering a service or low tech manufacturing.
Examples of tech leveraged businesses include software, cloud applications, sensors / IoT, data and analytics, medical devices, biotech, ag-tech, clean-tech, energy tech, etc.
– At least one Founder must be working full-time in the business
– There must be at least one other co-founder/employee, even if only part-time
– Company ideally has some revenue already (up to $5M ARR), or at the very least a prototype of their product in the marketplace being used by customers
– If the product doesn’t lend itself to prototype (e.g. biotech drug, medical device, or advanced scientific application), company should have research establishing the viability of the product and the potential appeal in the marketplace
– Must be solving a problem in the market that could lead to a business with at least 10’s of $millions of revenue
Each presenting company will get 10 minutes to pitch their business followed by 10 minutes of questions from the judges.
Each company will be evaluated on the following criteria:
– Size of the problem being solved or opportunity seized
– Effectiveness of the solution proposed to solve the problem or capture the opportunity
– Uniqueness and competitive defensibility of the solution
– Realistic potential revenue and profit of the business over a 5 year horizon
– Soundness of the sales, marketing, and go-to-market plans
– Strength of the management team and the advisors/partners
– Clarity, conciseness, and quality of the presentation
– Team’s openness to feedback and mentorship
How to Enter
It’s easy. Fill in the entry form; upload some documents (and hopefully a video) and you’ve entered. No fees; nothing else required. Once we get your information, we’ll contact you to confirm we have everything and let you know your business is selected to participate in a Regional Showcase.